Amy! ...me :p

Amy! ...me :p

I got my braces off!!



Music!






Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Soccer

I'm going to choose one of my favorite sports, one at a time, and tell you a little bit about me and why I absolutely love the sport! Today, I'm choosing soccer. I totally love soccer! It's the best sport ever invented! I've played soccer for 9 years now! And I'm 13 years old, you can do the math to figure out how old I was when I started! Anyways, I started playing with YMCA and played with them for, I think, 4 years. Then I went and played with AYSO, and I've been playing there for 5 years. I think my best experience was this past fall. My team, The Jokers, were so awesome! They were all so friendly and I felt like I'd been friends with all of them for years! It was so hard to say goodbye to all of them at the end of the year party. When we met for the party, the coach had the best announcement that I've ever heard before. He said that our team moves on to regionals! We won every game throughout the whole season! We were excited to here that we moved onto playoffs(which comes before the regionals)! We won all three games on the Saturday and moved onto playing on Sunday! We lost the one game on Sunday, to the team that we beat once during the season and once the day before, which meant we took second at AYSO. There happened to be an opening which allowed us to be able to move onto the regionals, unfortunately our super good forward wasn't able to make it and neither was one of our other really good forwards and goalies! So for a couple of quarters a game we had to have one of our not so good forwards play forward. I play goalie, so it was a disadvantage to me cause I always play 1/2 game as goalie and now I had to play 3 quarters of goalie. I personally absolutely dislike goalie and don't know why they put me in it. I would much rather play forward or midfield. But of course, those are the two positions that I play the least. I basically play every position, which is very fun cause you get to move all over the place. I'm getting really off track..... So we went to the regionals and had a blast there. We totally acted like a whole bunch of sisters who absolutely loved each other. We did quite well in the games, considering we were without our two main forwards! We all miss each other tons! I've always had GREAT experiences with my teams and can't wait for fall to come around so I can play more soccer! The only thing that I don't really like about soccer is; I have bunions (which is a foot problem thingy). So it hurts to run for a long time, or do short sprints or whatever, but...I've decided that it's well worth the pain! I love every practice and every single moment I have with my team and pray that I'll never forget the great times I've had playing soccer! This past Fall I volunteered to be the assistant coach for my little sister, Sarah's team! I had a blast working with them and I will never forget what a great time with them I had! I love soccer and hope that all my kiddos (if I even have any) will play soccer! It's completely the best sport ever!
More l8ter!
-Amy


I absolutely love pictures!


No comments: